Monday, May 24, 2010

DIY Flower Girl Fairy Wands or You Can Let Your Florist Do the Work



Above photos from: http://www.weddingbee.com/

Flower girls may not be old enough to manage to carry a basket without losing all the blooms at the back of the aisle.  To be sure she arrives with all her flowers try making or having your florist make a 'fairy wand'.  Since tiny hands have problems manipulating pomanders and walking at the same time these fairy wands are a perfect solution.  There are how to directions all over the web for making them with either real or silk flowers.  Since most flower girls love to save their wedding finery, you might want to consider making her a silk one instead of real flowers so she can show it to all her friends, not to mention use it for Halloween!  These are easy to make (even I, the least crafty person, has no problem pulling this together). 
 


4 comments:

Gretch said...

Wow! I just love the way these wands look and my niece will love having one after my wedding! Thanks for the idea. Gretchen

tmae said...

I saw some of these at a bridal show, so pretty! And perfect for a flower girl.

Connnie said...

Love these wands, and better yet, my flower girl will too!

cathy g said...

I can't imagine any little girl not loving to have one of these to carry!