Friday, May 28, 2010

Draping Ceilings for the DIY Bride

Dyning Shades Photo Courtesy of Shaded Nation
Product from Ikea

Ikea makes a 'Dyning Shade,' (shown above in a picture by Shaded Nation), which is a great option for DIY brides who want to add a canopy effect to their outdoor wedding. This is a great inexpensive option for draping outdoors. Head over to your local Ikea store and check these out, they are a budget friendly $25.00 each. These shades, that look like sails, give a decorator look to your wedding. The shade comes complete with hooks and cords to hang it from columns, lamposts or trees. For indoor events you can get some extra strong magnets with a built-in hook (Model# 07218) from Northern Tool that cost less than three dollars which will let you clip it to the ceiling. Add drama and break up the space of your event space without spending a fortune.

8 comments:

MaggieJ said...

Wow! I want to try some of these for over our patio out back, not even just for our wedding. I looked at them and they cut the UV rays too, I'd love them over my patio permanantly. Anyone know if they are waterproof?

JJ said...

My Ikea sold out of these, had to order some, can't wait to put them up to try them out!

CaraL said...

Mine too JJ...everyone must be hitting IKEA for these darn things, I think it's the price point! Plus my IKEA had a big sale 4th of July which might explain it.

PeggySue said...

Very cool! My Ikea actually had some in stock!

casey said...

Wow, Peggy is you are posting again, which ikea is near you?

cathy g said...

Luv these for an outdoor wedding!

http://rock-paper-scissors.ecrater.com/ said...

Hello. I just saw this post about DYNING shades. I have these available in my store (which specializes in brand new, current and discontinued, IKEA merchandise). Here is the link: http://rock-paper-scissors.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=dyning .

Or, you can do an internet search for ecrater ikea dyning rock paper scissors .

Kind regards.
Helen

Unknown said...

I love these drapes! if my daughter wasn't getting married in Feb. ... ah well, still one who isn't married... thanks for commenting all!