You can easily make this cranberry liqueur for your guests. Either serve it as a beverage or give it as a favor. It's beautiful red coloring makes it perfect for the Christmas season or Valentine's Day weddings. You'll need a large stock pot and a spatula.large stock pot, a food processor or blender, strainer and/or cheesecloth, a funnel, and a very large clean bottle or steeping jar with lid, and for each batch of this recipe 4-6 small decorative bottles with lids to hold the finished product.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 whole bag fresh cranberries cleaned
4 cups reasonable vodka
1. Pour water and sugar in large stock pot over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and water looks clear. Let cool.
2. Place cranberries in food processor and pulse until cranberries are finely chopped. Add to the cooled sugar water and then add vodka. Stir.
3. Pour into large steeping jar or bottle. Seal and store in cool dark place. Steep for 2 to 3 weeks, shaking every other day.
4. Pour mix through strainer to separate solids. Using cheesecloth will remove more impurities.
5. Use funnel to pour into small individual bottles, tie ribbon around the fun red liqueur and voila! Makes 4-8 gifts depending on bottle sizes. Cost is about $5 to $10 dollars per gift depending on vodka and individual bottle cost.
Other fruit options include but are not limited to: vanilla bean, simply slice in half and place in storing. I recommend steeping this a month. Orange or lemon peel (avoid rind). The bottles store for one year.
Make SURE to check out Genevieve Nisly’s blog for tons of wedding eye candy and inspiration!