OK, I know this isn't exactly a DIY project, but it is a concern of many brides. After getting into that fancy white lace dress how do you manage to use the ladies room? Horrors! The Wedding Bee has it covered and I'll directly quote them so there are no errors. Our thanks to them for testing this out! It's been too long since I got married and I don't have a gown to test it out with! My additional suggestion is when you are checking out venues be sure to check out the bathrooms! You want to be sure they have a ladies room that will accommodate your dress or a dressing room you can go up to if they don't. It amazes me how many venues I looked at that had dingy and dank ladies rooms that most brides wouldn't fit into unless they were wearing a very tight dress! So plan ahead is my tip, now here's the tips from The Wedding Bee. Be sure to visit their site for other tips on the fun parts of wedding planning!
FROM: The Wedding Bee:
"On arrival at your venue
* Open the door of the ladies' room and look in.
* If the floor is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
* If the floor is clean, walk into the ladies' room and open the door of the handicapped stall.
* If the floor of the handicapped stall is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
This ensures that you will not later get the train/back of the dress dirty just by having it touch the floor."
"When you need to go
* Walk into the handicapped stall. Remove (don't just pull down) your underpants.
* Facing the toilet, pull up the front of your dress to your waist.
* Walk straight forward, so you are straddling the toilet, and sit down that way. The train/back of your dress will now be away from the toilet, so you won't get them wet or dirty.
* Lean forward before peeing. That way, even if you drop the front of the dress onto the seat, you will not pee in its direction."
OK, now that we've solved that problem... on to the fun stuff!