Wednesday, September 26, 2012

An Apple A Day?

 
Looking for a fun thing to serve for the kids at your wedding reception? OK, so you know they'll eat chicken fingers, but this apple treat is perfect for snacking for them, either as an appetizer or a dessert. El hada de papel gives you the simple tutorial on how to make these.
 
When I first saw it I thought it was a heart painted on the apple, may be with a red icing paint. But when I looked at it more closely I realized it was made from two apples, one red, one green.
 
They used a simple cookie cutter in the shape of a heart to cut out a red heart shape and insert it into the green apple. Wow! Cute and fun. Frankly I know some adults who wouldn't be averse to these pretty apples. Great fun for weddings or even for moms or school teachers. I love it when something has multiple uses!

No comments: