Saturday, October 29, 2011

Two DIY Wreaths Under $10


Need to decorate your church door? Your reception door? But don't want to spend a lot of money? This is soooo easy, it qualifies for my rating SEEICDI.  (So easy even I can do it).  This wreath is the brainchild of Thrifty Decor Chick, the queen of decorating for pennies on the dollar! 

Just buy some thick foam core board from Hobby Lobby for $5 – it was half an inch thick and it was already 20 inches wide, some packets of leaves bought at Dollar Tree (my home away from home for inexpensive craft supplies) or Dollarama (another reader suggested this, I don't have one where I live), a jigsaw or something to cut the foam board with (no matter what you're using, handle with care), some reddish spray paint, a few simple weights to keep the frame from blowing in the wind, and a hot glue gun (my weapon of choice for crafting!) 

Visit Thrifty Decor Chick for the exact directions for this great wreath as well as to see all her other great ideas, none of which will break the bank.  The girl should write a book!


Another great wreath is from House of Hepworth.  This wreath is a little more 3-D but each wreath has it's own charm.  Hard to decide which one I like best. Head over there to find the exact directions and what you'll need to purchase from your Daollar Store. 

House of Hepworth is another great read--of course if you're not careful you'll end up like me...having to force yourself to STOP...it's addictive behavior! I wonder if they have a Blog Readers Anonymous Group?  I get so sucked into reading about the adventures of my friends in the blogosphere that I almost forget it's time to get some work done myself!

No comments: